Route and Flight Level added to View Flight page

UKV1121 - Chris Sutcliffe

Hi Simon

I wrote this some time ago.

It will give you the fuel for a for a trip allowing for full Pax load.

it is designed for the 777 but just substitute the fuel burn figures Then change tour trip and alternate distances on the last page and you will land with the correct fuel or enough it is only a guide but I use it all the time and never run out of fuel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzw5n49ifj8vdjx/final%20setup%20fuel%20planning.docx

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have worked out my base fuel as 21855Lbs!!!

Ground OPs 30 min 4500

45 min reserve 5355

30 min holding 4800

sid/star 7200

base fuel 21855 Lbs

just had a quick look at lmml to egss and that give take off fuel of 26997 Lbs. So that gives me about 6000 for trip + alternate?

Where am I going wrong???

That's what I worked out I know I used 30 min holding and 45 min for the Sid/star and I may well land with most of that. Just not sure where I went wrong. No doubt judt my brain!!!

Great thanks, I think I understand, just seems too much fuel to carry. But maybe I have just got used to carry not enough!!

Hi

Look at this specially for you

New Edit            https://www.dropbox.com/s/prbjdoh65s7xn8i/NEW%20setup%20737800%20fuel%20planning.docx

It is just 100nm short of your trip but it works forget the fuel burn on the top it is for the 777just use the737800 figures 

mike

Thanks, that looks better. However how do u get the fuel burn of 1825Lbs per half hour? The burn on the table on previous page says 9000Lbs/hr so half of that would be 4500Lbs

Thanks, that looks better. However how do u get the fuel burn of 1825Lbs per half hour? The burn on the table on previous page says 9000Lbs/hr so half of that would be 4500Lbs

Correct I done the new one for the 737=800 with the Dog barking The Wife nagging If you cant edit that copy I will do it :wacko:

The fuel burns are ok just check the Mathmatics

The 777 and the 737 are two different files on dropbox

mike

Lol thats ok I get it. Yey! Will give it a go with a flight in the next couple of days.

I will pull the 737-800 of and edit it and replace it with the new one .

but you get the idea  :unsure:

mike

Great addition, Chris. Just a thought. The routes can be accessed by non members. Thus if anyone wishes to be lazy and use our routes etc, they can copy/paste or simply load the route straight into their FMCs. Might this be something that only signed in members have access to? Apologies if this has already mentioned in which case I missed it in the posts.

Keith

• Like 1

Great addition, Chris. Just a thought. The routes can be accessed by non members. Thus if anyone wishes to be lazy and use our routes etc, they can copy/paste or simply load the route straight into their FMCs. Might this be something that only signed in members have access to? Apologies if this has already mentioned in which case I missed it in the posts.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I hadn't really thought about that, good point. I am not convinced it's really a problem if non members have access to our routes. There are lots of places to find or generate routes online nowadays, I can't imagine non members would come to our site just for that, and if they did then I'm not sure its really a massive problem.

Regards,

Nor I, in truth. It was a post on Face Book by the CEO of a new FlyBe VA looking to create and build routes that made me think of this.

Leave it to you and the Team.

Keith

About half of our new members have heard about us either on the internet (by search) or on the on-line (IVAO VatSim) services.

Fuel calcs.

On your training flights your flight logbook should give you fuel used to cruise height. = A. That's a constant for FlyUK routes (as high as possible usually).

It's easy then to get the fuel burn per 100 or 1000 miles which you can apply to the route mileage = B.

And a reserve, sufficient to divert but at least 30 mins at 10,000ft. = C.  That's a constant.

So for any given aircraft it's difficult to work out, surely.  A + B(kgs/nm) x Range + C = Fuel.

Now I know some of us are old and need chalk and a roof tile to do their maths, but really you guys - do you have that little confidence in your abilities.

Hi

Look at this specially for you

New Edit            https://www.dropbox.com/s/prbjdoh65s7xn8i/NEW%20setup%20737800%20fuel%20planning.docx

It is just 100nm short of your trip but it works forget the fuel burn on the top it is for the 777just use the737800 figures 

mike

Hi Mike

Would there be any change i could have a read of the document sounds like something right up my street as looking also at calculating most of my fuel manually just for the fun of it  :rolleyes:

Many Thanks