Euro 2016 charter flights and new ‘Dispatch Me!’ function and franchise

UKV1412 - Richard Jones

Charter flights are now running to ferry the supporters for the Euro 2016 football championship; a new feature on our ‘flight search’ page; and a new franchise announced.

We are pleased to announce we have started providing charter flights to ferry the supporters from England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland to the Euro 2016 football championship games in France.  These charters are running from London Stansted, Cardiff, Belfast and Dublin using a Boeing 738-800 and an Airbus A320. Destinations include Marseille, Toulouse, Lille, St-Etienne, Nice, Paris, Lyon and Bordeaux; and there are also short repositioning flights in the UK and Ireland.  As the championship progresses further flights will follow, depending on results and locations.

Also, for those pilots who like to be rostered to fly a given route, we have introduced a ‘Dispatch Me!’ function on the flight search page https://flyuk.aero/en/index.php?page=flight_search. Members may set any filters (flight duration, aircraft type etc.) and the Dispatch Me! Button will then generate a random flight based on the filter settings.  You may book this flight or cancel as you wish, and re-try with different settings.  

Finally, I am pleased to announce that we are in advanced discussions regarding a new franchise operation in Norway.  This franchise will be operated by Fly UK and called Nordic Sky, although using our callsign (Skyways).  Initial operations will use Dash 8-Q400 aircraft in a new ‘Nordic’ livery based at Bergen. Depending on popularity, further expansion of bases, aircraft and routes may follow.

--- ENDS ---

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:

Richard Jones

CEO

Email: richard.jones[at]flyuk.aero or operations[at]flyuk.aero

• Like 5