Introducing Nordic Sky!

UKV1212 - Adam Hillier

Fly UK is very pleased to announce the introduction of a brand new division; Nordic Sky! Our new division franchise, simply branded as 'Nordic' has been established to better connect the population of Western Norway. Based out of Bergen (Flesland), Nordic will initially serve over 20 domestic and international destinations using a fleet of 4 x Bombardier Q400 aircraft. The Bombardier Q400 whilst being a popular aircraft amongst pilots was also chosen for it's economy in operating costs, speed and flexibility. Some of the airports we'll be operating to and from have short runways and challenging approaches. If for some reason you need even more encouragement, the scenery boasted by the some of these airports is simply magnificent and you won't get a better opportunity to enjoy the fantastic views offered by the Norwegian Fjords. 

We haven't stopped there either! As part of the franchise branding, we're introducing a new livery courtesy of Steve Trueman. Repaints are available for both freeware and payware models. We also have a repaint for X-Plane thanks to Keith Tomlinson. As this is a Norwegian operation, the aircraft have all been registered under the Norwegian register as LN-UAA, AB, AC and AD respectively.

The concept of Nordic Sky was created by Kevin Peeters (Nordic Sky Operations Manager) and is the result of many months of his hard work.

Kevin had the following to say: "The Nordic Sky idea came to me after travelling to Norway and experiencing first hand what it was like to fly on regional Dash 8 flights. The spectacular views on some of the approaches get your blood pumping and really make you feel alive. I wanted to replicate these flights and make the experience available to Fly UK members. I very much hope you enjoy the flights as much as I did."

I'm sure you'll agree that it was worth the wait and that you'll all enjoy flying the routes as much as we will. Like Highland Connect, Nordic aims to connect the lesser populated areas to main hubs so that onward travel can be accomplished as easily as possible. Some of the Nordic destinations include:

Ålesund, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Gothenburg, Keflavik, Kristiansand, Oslo, Sandefjord, Stavanger, Stockholm, Tromsø and Trondheim.

Nordic flights are now available to book via the 'Flight Search' function and should be recorded as normal using SkyTrack, Fly UK's flight tracking software.

As always we value your feedback so please feel free to post in the Feedback, Ideas & Suggestions section of our community forums with any comments you may have regarding the introduction of the franchise.

Darren Klenk has put together a short video showing off the new livery and some of the airports Nordic operates into! - Click here to see the video.

--- ENDS ---

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:

Adam Hillier - Vice Chairman
Email: adam.hillier[at]flyuk.aero

Kevin Peeters - Nordic Sky Operations Manager
Email: kevin.peeters[at]flyuk.aero

• Like 3