Fly UK - MetroAir Codeshare Agreement

UKV1685 - Matthew Lewis

The long-running Codeshare agreement between Fly UK and Metroair will end on November 31st 2022.

The partnership which has been one of the most unique and long-running in the Flight sim VA space has brought many benefits and enjoyment to members on both sides over its duration. However, we find ourselves at the crossroads of a very exciting time for flight simulation and the path each VA takes to embrace these times has diverged, so it's been agreed on both sides that now is the right time to conclude the codeshare, allowing both parties freedom to expand their virtual universe and network for their own member's interests.

Statements from both CEO's on the decision are as follows

Matt Lewis - Fly UK
"I'd like to thank William, his team and the MetroAir members for all his hard work during the time I've been CEO of Fly UK, Both communities and VA's have benefited greatly from the collaboration. Personally, this culminated with our joint cross the pond event we held together during the height of Covid and lockdown, an event that many joined and enabled us to share our joint passion for virtual aviation as well as bring two communities together for some laughter and discussion at a much needed time in the world. 

Its been a pleasure working with MetroAir and I wish them all the success in this new era of flight simulation"

William Hogarth - MetroAir
"It has been an honour to be affiliated with Fly UK and I believe we did set a precedent as being the first two well-established airlines to strike up a partnership in the virtual world. I do wish you all well and hope that the airlines can stay friends as we end our codeshare agreement. "

Both MetroAir and Fly UK can confirm that anyone with memberships at both VAs will not be affected by this move subject to standard policies and activity with each airline's requirements.

Fly UK members who enjoy their stateside adventures fear not, Aurora services continue in the Pacific Northwest and Canada area and we'll have more news in the near future.