More flight for senior pilots

UKV1412 - Richard Jones

Completed tours ‘unlocked’ for Class A Captains and above.

As well as continuing to support members who are new to the flight sim world, we have been looking for ways to offer more for our more experienced pilots. I am pleased to announce that with immediate effect completed Tours have been ‘unlocked’ for Class A Captains and above.

Members who have completed 100 hours flight time (Class A Captain) can now book any Tour leg of a previously completed Tour. For this group, who form 40% of our membership, this will offer:

·         A greater choice of flights including more short flights for our long-haul fleet, something particularly requested by our B777 pilots.

·         An extra reward for completing Tours, although the Tour award ‘badge’ will only be issued once, on first completion.

·         The opportunity to revisit all or part of a Tour using a different aircraft, or perhaps with new scenery.

Any problems with this new feature should be raised in the Bug Tracker here: https://flyuk.aero/forums/tracker/project-16-tours/

More junior members (Class A First Officer and below) may also wish to consider completing a Tour as part of their journey to Class A Captain as this will increase choice downstream.

Many thanks to Sam Cogan our new Developer on the Staff Team and to other Staff members for testing.  Sam will be helping us with a number of systems projects we have planned and I’m sure all our members will join me in hoping he enjoys his time with us.

Finally members may wish to look at the February theme for our monthly screenshot competition which will be released in the next few days here: https://flyuk.aero/forums/forum/89-screenshot-competition-sponsored-by-uk2000-scenery/

--- ENDS ---

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:

Richard Jones - CEO

Richard.jones[at]flyuk.aero

• Like 2