CEO & Staff Team Changes

UKV1121 - Chris Sutcliffe

CEO & Staff Team Changes

As of Sunday 08th June 2008, Adam Hillier will be stepping down as CEO of Fly UK Virtual Airways. Adam will be returning to his former position on the team as a Marketing senior manager.

Comments from Adam:

"I have come to this decision after some considerable thought, as to be honest I haven’t enjoyed the CEO role as much as I had hoped, but I will be staying on the team. I will also be moving on with some plans of my own simultaneously so I will not be as active as I have been, due to the fact I need time to proceed with this. I would like to say thank you for the help and support from all members during my time as CEO."

As a result of this, founding members Chris Sutcliffe and Lee Appleby will be returning to Fly UK Virtual Airways. Chris Sutcliffe will assume his old position of CEO, working alongside Vice CEO Carl Richards. Lee Appleby will be retuning as a senior manager based in the web & systems development department, working alongside Tom Thake.

In a few weeks, we will also be welcoming back former senior manager Chris Miley, who will be assuming his old position of senior manager in the marketing department.

Tom Hurrell's responsibilities have also being extended to include IVAO/VATSIM liaison manager as well as his existing role of events manager.

Comments from Chris:

"I would like to thank Adam for all his hard work in leading Fly UK over the last few months, and his decision to step down is completely understandable. My own personal circumstances have now changed meaning I have the time to return to Fly UK and I am very much looking forward to working with Carl as Vice CEO, as well the rest of the staff team and pilots. It is also encouraging to see that Lee Appleby and Chris Miley will be re-joining the team. Together as a team we will be working to move Fly UK forward, we have many new ideas and features planned for summer 2008 (plenty to keep us busy!), and we will be also conducting a major survey to get input and feedback from members."

--- ENDS ---

For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us:

CEO - Chris Sutcliffe
chris.sutcliffe[at]flyuk.aero

Vice CEO - Carl Richards
carl.richards[at]flyuk.aero