Our staff team is filled with a varied selection of talented volunteers made up from our dedicated members. Currently, we are looking for additional staff to manage some of our franchises.
If you have a head for airline operations, wondered what it takes to make Fly UK tick and have a desire to take your Fly UK career to a new level, then this is your opportunity.
Fly UK is a leading international virtual airline for users of flight simulation software. Operating for over 15 years we’ve grown to become one of the most established and recognized VA’s in the simulation community. We are a not for profit organisation and our team work on a voluntary basis alongside enjoying their hobby. As we enter an exciting new chapter in the VA, we are looking to recruit for the following operations.
There will be opportunity on application form to register the areas of interest to you.
- Mainstream Fly UK
- Nordic Sky
- Topa Sky
Working with and reporting to the Head of Operations, the roles have the following responsibilities
- Review and manage schedules to represent realistic real-world operations.
- Maximize fleet utilization.
- Manage twice yearly update in seasonal schedules.
- Explore and review route network, working with ops team to suggest improvements, changes or expansion.
- Ongoing assessment of fleet and route needs, discussing and requesting needs and changes in line with Fly UK policy with senior team.
- Monitor and respond to community feedback on operations for responsible division.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of real world airline operations.
- Ability to plan and manage complex scheduling and fleet utilization
- Pro Active Fly UK member.
- Experience and knowledge of working with MS Excel or similar.
- Route planning and route validation skills
- Ability to work both as part of the operations team, Fly UK staff team and as an individual
If you're interested in becoming part of the staff team in one or more of the above areas then please complete our application form here
--- ENDS ---
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via human.resources [at] flyuk.aero