Summer Operations Begin
Posted 31 Mar 2021
- Fly2’s Summer Schedules will come into effect in May; however Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner aircraft will take over from Fly2’s current Boeing 787-9 fleet from the 1st of April.
- Improvements have been made to our codeshare hub networks in order to give better and more appealing options for travelling across the USA, as well as better links with Mainstream and Aurora operations.
- As Rovaniemi (EFRO) is an off-season destination, flights to the famous Lapland airport have been reduced.
- Iceland Domestic flights have been added to the Nordic Sky schedules, with a new base in Keflavik.
- Due to demand, more flights with Aurora’s 767 have been added. Aurora will now link with Nordic Sky in Keflavik.
- Flights to Manchester (EGCC) have been added. These flights will be flown in the Boeing 767-300ER and will be available every weekend.
- Topa Sky have reopened bases in Sydney and Melbourne for the summer season, allowing further connectivity throughout the Topa Sky network.
- New Caravan destinations have been added throughout both the North and South Islands to cater for the smaller townships in the area.
- New Long-Haul destinations have been added from Auckland and Sydney.
- Mainstream operations will take hold and operate the current Fly2 787-9 fleet, further expanding the current B789 fleet within the franchise.
- LHR - Destinations at London Heathrow remain mostly the same but the airframes operating from Heathrow have been swapped up slightly in order to freshen up a selection of destinations and routes for members.
- LHR - Heathrow has a selection of new Long-Haul routes, utilizing the new B789’s from Fly2. Cape Town will now be served by the Boeing 777-200LR, Dubai will be served by the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner while Atlanta and Baku will be served by the Airbus A350.
- LHR – Helsinki and Madrid have been added as Short Haul destinations for the Boeing 787-9 and A350 respectively.
- LGW – London Gatwick gets a selection of new destinations for the summer season, with Asturias, Olbia, Skopje being served by our Short Haul fleet while Quito, Jeddah, Mahé and Port Louis have been added as Long-Haul destinations.
- MAN – Manchester sees the addition of a Boeing 737-800 service from Dublin and an Airbus A320 “NEO” service to Trondheim. New Long-Haul destinations have been added, with Boeing 787-9 airframes flying to Denver, Nashville, Dhaka and Islamabad.
- EDI – Edinburgh also gets Asturias and Olbia as summer destinations. Flights to Paris and Rome will switch to Paris Orly and Rome Ciampino “G.B. Pastine” respectively, with Tromso added as a new Short-Haul destination. New Long-Haul destinations at Edinburgh include Washington, Delhi, Abu Dhabi and Doha in the new B789 aircraft.
- BHX – Birmingham now sees one CRJ airframe working as an offshore worker link from Amsterdam Schiphol to the UK. Lyon and Paris Orly have also been added as Short-Haul destinations for the CRJ.
- SOU – Southampton will see new flights to Porto and Valencia on the CRJ.
We hope our members enjoy the changes brought with the Summer Schedules!
View all our press releases past and present.View Archive